IBAB Announces Admissions to PGD in Bioinfo, Cheminfo and Biotechniques | Online Entrance on 18-20 August 2010
INSTITUTE OF BIOINFORMATICS AND APPLIED BIOTECHNOLOGY (IBAB)
Biotech Park, Electronic city, Phase I, Bangalore-560 100, Karnataka www.ibab.ac.in
- An initiative of the vision Group on Biotechnology, Government of Kamataka, chaired by - Dr. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- DIT-Govt. of India Center of Excellence for research & training in Bioinformatics.
- Well-recognized by the biotech industry in India.
- Excellent infrastructure (including hostel and state of the art labs) in a 20-acre campus.
- First class faculty; additional teaching support from leading scientists from academia & industry.
One of the very few Institutes, in the life sciences sector in India with
95% REAL PLACEMENT RECORD
Examples of companies where IBAB students have been placed:
- Accenture, AstraZeneca, Aurigene, Biobase, Biocon, Brickworks, Cad Zeiss, Cellworks, Cognizant, Connexios, Eppendorf, Gangagen, GSK, IBM, Indigene Life Sciences, Infosys, Invitrogen, Medico Labs, Metahelix, Millipore, Molecular Connections, Novartis, Novozymes, Ocimum, Philips, Quintiles, ReaMetrix, Siemens, Simbiosys Biowares, Sin Tech, Strand Life Sciences and TCS.
- Many students have also gone abroad to do PhD. Details at www.ibab.ac.in.
Mode of Teaching
- The combination of teaching capacities, exposure to current research, focus on self-learning capacities, personality development and the modem facilities have helped IBAB to be one of the best training and research centers in bioinformatics and biotechnology in India.
- Students in the new batches will also get exposure to the innovative platforms in Next Generation (genome) Sequencing (NGS) & data analysis in the new Bio-it research and training centre at IBAB
Applications called for: Postgraduate Diploma in BIOINFORMATICS OR CHEMINFORMATICS
- Duration: 18 months, 3 semesters including internship
- Eligibility: For this interdisciplinary field, science/technology/medicine etc graduates are encouraged to apply.
Scholarships and studentships for deserving students
- Receipt of filled forms 16th August 2010
- Online Entrance Test: 18 - 20 August
- Date of interview: 14-16 September 2010
- ommencement of Course: 1st October 2010
Note: Online entrance test can be taken from any place with suitable computer facility.
Postgraduate Diploma in BIOTECHNIQUES
- Duration: 8/14 months, without/with internship
- Eligibility: Graduation/Post Graduation in any life Science Subject
For More Details Please contact:
- Ph: 080-28528900/8901/8902
- Fax: 080-28528904
- Mobile: 9008296547, 9611872946