CCMB, Hyderabad notifies for PhD Admission 2012
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are bonafide Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree.
The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Nanobiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
Candidates who satisfy the following criteria only need apply:
- Candidates with a Master's degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Medicine or Pharmacy, having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of various funding agencies, e.g., CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or other equivalent fellowship can apply. Candidates qualified in GATE/GPAT examination with a minimum of 85 percentile may also apply.
- qualified only for lecturer-ship in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 10.12.2011 which is relaxable as per GoI rules for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Applications : Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications online by 10.12.2011. List of selected candidates for the written test will be ready by 18.12.2011 at http://www.ccmb.res.in/phd
Written Test and Interview :
- All the applications will be screened and candidates found suitable will be called for written test to be held on 18.01.2012 at CCMB, Hyderabad.
- Candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for interview on 19.01.2012 and 20.01.2012.
- Candidates selected in the interview will be asked to stay for discussions on 21.01.2012.
- Travelling Allowance is not payable by CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc., at Hyderabad.
- Candidates who have qualified in CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or ICMR-JRF or DBT-JRF or any other equivalent fellowship can also walk in on the day of the written test (18th January, 2012) at 7.30 AM into CCMB along with proof of their qualification for the respective fellowship.
- Mere fulfilment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entail a person for selection.
- The decision of the Centre in this regard shall be final.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
Deadline : 10.12.2011