Summer Research Fellowship Programme for Students and Teachers |SRFP-2010
The three national Science Academies namely Indian Academy of Sciences(Bangalore), Indian National Science Academy(New Delhi) and The National Academy of Sciences (Allahabad) offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers to work with Fellows and other scientists associated with the three Academies during 2010.
Applications are invited from interested students and teachers from all universities and colleges affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships.
- The application should include a brief resume of the applicant in the prescribed format alongwith a one-page description of the planned activity.
- The guide with whom the applicant would like to work.
- The tentative dates of visit as convenient to the applicant.
- The plan of work should clearly state the specific experiment or theory that the applicant would like to work on and NOT a general description of the area.
- Student applicants should include a recommendation letter from a teacher (in the prescribed format) familiar with their work, in a sealed envelope.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online through one of the websites (www.ias.ac.in), (www.insaindia.org) or (www.nasi.org.in);After registration online a copy of the application together with enclosures must be sent by post to The Coordinator, Science Education Programme, Indian Academy of Sciences, C.V. Raman Avenue, Post Box No. 8005, Sadashivanagar P.O., Bangalore 560 080.
The registration number assigned soon after online submission must be quoted both in the hard copy of the application to be sent and in the letter of recommendation to be forwarded by the teacher in the case of student applicants.The application must reach the above given address by one week of online application.
The last date for receipt of applications is 31st December 2009