ICMR International Fellowship notification for PhD Life Science candidates
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications from Indian biomedical scientists for the international fellowships for the year 2012-13.
Number of fellowships : Young scientists-12; Senior scientists-6
Duration : 3-6 months for young scientists and 10-15 days for senior scientists
1. PhD degree with at least three years teaching/research experience for young scientists.
2. And at least fifteen years teaching/research experience for senior scientists.
3. Regular position in a recognized biomedical/research/health institution in India.
4. Below 45 years of age for young and 55 years for senior scientists.
Financial support :*
US$ 2400 per month, contingency grant of Rs.15,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists. US$160 per day (including US$75 as per diem and rest for accommodation expenses) and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for senior scientists.
* (Revision of financial support is under consideration)
1. The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign Institute where he/she proposes to work along with a concrete plan of training/research work to be undertaken during the fellowship.
2.Recommendation by the Head of the parent organization/ institute is essential.
3. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
4. Decision of ICMR will be final.
If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 28th February, 2013. Ten copies of the application should be submitted to: International Health Division, Indian Council of Medical Research, V Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No.4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029
Last date of receipt of applications : 30th April, 2012