Official CSIR Notification for June 2016 | Last Date to Apply Extended till 11.3.2016
COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT GROUP, EXAMINATION UNIT
CSIR COMPLEX, LIBRARY AVENUE, PUSA, NEW DELHI-110012.
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET)
Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Lectureship
Tentatively on 19th June, 2016
Advertisement No.10-2(5)/2016(i) - E.U.II
TENTATIVE DATE OF SINGLE MCQ EXAMINATION : 19.06.2016
DATE OF START OF ONLINE SUBMISSION : 05.02.2016
DATE OF CLOSE OF DEPOSIT OF FEE (ALL STATION) : 11.03.2016
|::Advertisement No.: 16J||::Exam Date: 19-06-2016|
|::Date of Start for Online Submission: 05-02-2016||::Date of Close of Online Submission: 11-03-2016|
|::Last Date of Receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms:18-03-2016||::Last Date of Receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms(From Remote Areas): 23-03-2016|
|::Age will be calculated as on: 01-01-2016|
CSIR will hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test Tentatively on Sunday 19th June, 2016 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
1.1 A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF’ OR for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates for ‘JRF’, or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test, subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion. If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only. Candidates with M.Sc. qualification OR under M.Sc. Result Awaited (RA) category shall be eligible for LS subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as laid down by the UGC.
1.2 Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF - NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF-NET Fellowship. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme and Lectureship will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
1.3 The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime in the month of Sept/Oct, 2016 and fellowship to successful candidates will be effective from 1st January, 2017 with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under CSIR Scheme.
2.1 SUBJECTS OF THE TEST
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
1. Chemical Sciences
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences
NOTE: Engineering Sciences has been discontinued from December, 2015 NET.
2.2 EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- M. Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and 50% for SC/ST, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on 01.03.2016, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in column No. 18 to 21, as applicable.
2.3 AGE LIMIT& RELAXATION:
For JRF (NET) : Maximum 28 years as on 01-01-2016 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non creamy layer)/ Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).
For LS (NET) : No upper age limit.
5. HOW TO APPLY:
5.1 Examination Fee:
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash:
Sr.No. CATEGORY FEES
1. General Rs. - 1000/-
2. Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer - Rs. 500/-
3. SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) - Rs. 250/-
Srinagar and Imphal candidates may deposit their fees through RTGS or NEFT by giving particulars of the Indian Bank, as notified in the fee deposit challan.
OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List ( as available on National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC - Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
5.2 APPLY THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website.
- Candidates must write their name, father/mother's name as written in their Matriculation (Xth Class Board) Certificate and should ensure that the same are matching with their educational qualification certificates and caste certificate except for married females who may submit relevant certificate regarding change of their name while filling their online application form.
- After filling the online application, candidates should preview their entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application. No change in the particulars entered in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- After successful submission of ONLINE Application, a Form Number will be generated. Preserve the Form Number for future reference and for downloading your e-Admit Card. Keep a print out of the duly filled-in application form for future use.
- NOTE: Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to The Deputy Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach on or before 07.03.2016 (14.03.2016 for remote areas).
- Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test. To ensure their candidature, candidates should check their registration status on website (csirhrdg.res.in) tentatively between 9th May to 16th May, 2016 and afterwards their request shall not be considered.
Examination fee paid through Bank Challan for a particular examination will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should also check all the columns of Bank Challan, online application, which are to be filled in properly to avoid cancellation of application, Please note that Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected
6. THE LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM:
- The hard copy of the online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by Ordinary post to the Deputy Secretary (Exam), Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 so as to reach Examination Unit CSIR on or before 07.03. 2016.
- For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application form must reach to the Deputy Secretary, Examination Unit, CSIR on or before 14.03.2016.
- The candidates are advised in their own interest to apply early enough to ensure timely receipt of their applications by the Examination Unit on or before the closing date. CSIR shall not be responsible for any postal delay/loss in transit of the application.
CSIR 2016 notification, CSIR NET Notification, CSIR Life sciences Notification december 2015, CSIR 2016 NET notification, CSIR UGC NET Exam Results 2016, CSIR UGC NET 2016 Results, CSIR UGC NET Results 2015, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – CSIR UGC NET Results 2016, CSIR UGC NET Exam Result 2016, CSIR UGC NET Result Date, CSIR UGC NET Result 2015, Results CSIR UGC NET 2015, results 2015, CSIR UGC NET Exam Results, CSIR UGC NET Examination Results 2013, University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test 2016 Results, CSIR UGC NET Result, CSIR UGC NET Exam Results 2015, CSIR UGC NET Examination Results, Joint CSIR UGC NET 2016 Results, CSIR UGC NET 2016 Result, 2016 Results CSIR UGC NET, CSIR UGC NET Entrance Exam Result, Result of CSIR UGC NET2016, CSIR UGC NET Results, CSIR UGC NET December Results, University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test Results 2016, CSIR NET De 2016, CSIR dec 2016, CSIR Life science Decemer 2016,CSIR Life science, CSIR NET Life science