Post Doctorate Fellow required to research on Drosophila genetics at Piramal Healthcare Limited
Piramal Healthcare is one of India’s largest healthcare companies, with a growth track record of above 27% CAGR since 1988. Piramal Healthcare had consolidated revenues of Rs. 2,990 crores in FY2011. With assets across North America, Europe and Asia, Piramal Healthcare is also one of the largest custom manufacturing companies across the world. It has significant presence in the critical care space with sales of anesthesia products to over 100 countries. In FY2011, Piramal Healthcare sold its domestic formulation business to Abbott USA for a consideration of Rs. 17,200 crores and Diagnostic Services business to Super Religare Limited for Rs. 600 crores
Post : Drosophila Scientist & Drosophila - Post Doctorate Fellow
No of Opening : Two
Experience : 1 to 3 yrs
Overall purpose :
a.The molecular biology department of pharmacology R&D is, located at the Piramal healthcare research centre is an internationally renowned institution delivering field-changing mechanistic insights into drug discovery focusing on the identification of new drugs/small molecule for cancer metabolic disorder, and inflammatory diseases.
b.The molecular biology department is concerned with development of in- vitro and cell based assay by cloning and expressions of various drugs targets for drugs screening in the context of cancer and diabetes. Department is also involved in the development of cancer and diabetic models of Drosophila
Main duties / key responsibilities :
1. Within the overall direction of the Drosophila programme of the group, the post-holder will make a significant input in the development of Drosophila Models including transgenic models
2. To develop and apply a broad range of techniques in order to pursue the research objectives of the group.
3. To participate in collaborative research, both within and external.
4. To be actively engaged in the dissemination of new research results in the form of scientific papers.
5. To present scientific work at seminars within the Unit and at external meetings where appropriate.
6. To communicate and collaborate with others to develop the most appropriate methodologies, and to receive training in the use of relevant experimental techniques.
Working relationships :
The post holder will report directly to the Sr. group leader but is expected to work closely with other members of the group. The post-holder will commit to develop and follow a personal development plan, attend relevant training courses and identify additional training which will support their career.
Salary : INR 4,00,000 - 7,00,000 P.A
Education : M.Tech - Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology, M.Sc - Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology
1. Experience with the following techniques: Drosophila development of transgenic Model
2. Molecular Biology: Cloning and expressions of genes of various pathways of Drosophila, protein Immunoprecipitation, confocal microscopy, cell transfections, SDS-PAGE, western blotting.
Location : Mumbai
Interested candidate can mail their resume : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline : 02.04.12