PhD position in Molecular Cell Biology @ University of Oslo
A PhD position (SKO 1017) is available at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Oslo. The project is funded by the Research Council of Norway (NFR) for a periode of 3 years. The Institute consists of departments and units that pursue research and education within basic medical science. The Institute has approximately 360 employees and is located in the Domus Medica forming together with Rikshospitalet / Oslo University Hospital the biomedical centre at Gaustad campus . More information about the Institute can be found here: www.med.uio.no/imb/english/
- The PhD position is associated with the laboratory of Professor Anne Simonsen on the project “The role of BEACH proteins in selective autophagy”.
- The project is aimed at identification of the molecular mechanisms underlying the functions of human BEACH proteins and their possible role in autophagy.
- The research tasks will require knowledge with methods within the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology, using in vitro and in vivo experimental systems, as well as zebrafish as a model organism.
- A detailed project description will be handed out on request. Previous experience within the research field and/or with relevant methods will be considered an advantage.
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree in biology, Molecular Cell Biology or equivalent to a Norwegian master degree.
- The successful candidate should have experience from experimental laboratory work in biochemistry and molecular cell biology and knowledge from the relevant field of research is considered an advantage.
- Experience with work on zebrafish as a model organism is wanted.
- High working capacity
- Strong dedication and motivation
- Independence skills
- Collaborative skills
- Interest in solving biological problems
- Ability to design, plan, interpret original experiments in an independent and innovative manner
- Excellent English writing and oral communication skills
- The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The fellowship requires admission to the research training program at the Faculty of Medicine, and the admission must be approved within three months. For more information see:http://www.med.uio.no/english/research/doctoral-degree/
- salary based on salary level 50-55 (NOK 4121 100-457 700) per year
- a challenging and friendly working environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
- Evaluation of the application
In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed upon the academic and personal ability of the candidate to complete the project within the given time-frame and write a PhD thesis under supervision. Interviews with selected candidates will be arranged. A seminar presentation may be required. Please also refer to the regulations pertaining to the conditions of employment for research fellowship positions (english translation):
The application must include:
- Application letter, including a ½ page motivation statement and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work-scientific publications and other relevant activity)
- Copies of educational certificates and letters of recommendation
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- The application with attachments is to be delivered in our electronic recruiting system EasyCruit. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
The University of Oslo has an agreement regarding acquisition of rights to work results for all employees, with the aim to secure rights to research results, etc.
Application deadline: July 30th 2013
How to Apply: Apply Online
- Brilliant Opportunity to work as E.O - Production @ Venus Remedies Ltd.
- Brilliant Opportunity: "Research Associate / Scientist" @ Piramal Discovery Solutions
- Freshers Can Apply for "Corporate Sales Executive" @ Hetero Med Solutions Limited
- Opening with Evalueserve for Fresher as "Business Analyst"!!!
- Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd is Hiring for "Manager / Assistant Manager Medical Services"