Excellent four SRF opening at Central Institute of Feshwater Aquaculture
The Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA) is a premier research Institute on freshwater aquaculture in the country under the aegeis of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi. The present Institute has had its beginnings in the Pond Culture Division of Central Inland Fisheries Research Institute (CIFRI) established at Cuttack, Orissa in 1949 with a view to face challenges in the field of fish culture in ponds, tanks and other small aquatic body. Subsequently, CIFRI, in a major effort to give emphasis to freshwater aquaculture research, initiated steps to establish the Freshwater Aquaculture Research and Training Centre (FARTC) over 147 ha campus at Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
The Central Institute of freshwater-Aquaculture (ICAR); Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar, Odisha will be conducting a walk-in-interview on 04/12/2013 at 10.30 A.M. for engagement of the following positions purely on contractual basis to work under the NFDB-NBFGR Funded Project. The place of work is at CIFA, Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar but the candidate has to tour frequently to rural areas of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh to interact with farmers.
- Position : SRF (Four)
- Project title : NFDB-NBFGR Funded Project entitled "National Surveillance Programme for Aquatic Animal Diseases"
- Duration : Initially for 1 (one) year, likely to be extended up to five years or completion of project, whichever is earlier, based on the performance
- Emoluments : Rs. 16000/- fixed +20% HRA for first two years; Rs. 18,000/- p.m. fixed + 20% HRA for subsequent years
- Desired Profile : M.F.Sc/M.Sc. (Zoology/ Microbiology)/ M.Sc (Fisheries)
- Other experience : Preference to candidate with experience in fish disease/microbiology/ molecular biology and completed/undergoing pre-Ph.D course work in any Institute; capability to speak Telugu and Odia languages
- Age : Below 30 years for men and 35 years for women as on the date of interview. Relaxation will be applicable to the SC/ST/ OBC and PH Candidate as per rules
Date of Interview : 04.12.13