Notification for PhD Registration 2013-2014 | University of Mysore
NOTIFICATION FOR Ph.D. REGISTRATION 2013-2014
UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE
- Applications are invited from Indian Nationals seeking Provisional Registration for pursuing research leading to Ph.D. Degree of the University of Mysore in various disciplines. The details of disciplines covered are listed separately and hosted. The registration shall be made as per the Ph.D. regulations 2010(Amended) governing the award of Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) of the University of Mysore. The provisional registration process is through an Entrance Test. It should be noted that successful completion of entrance test just implies only the eligibility of a candidate for admission to Ph.D. degree in the Univeristy, but shall not guarantee an admission to Ph.D. Degree program. Details are available in the Ph.D Regulations – 2010 (Amended) (See the website http://rc.uni-mysore.ac.in ).
- The eligible applicants can apply online through the website http://rc.uni-mysore.ac.in Application forms will be available in the website from 07.10.2013 onwards up to 5:00 PM of 30.10.2013. The candidates should fill up the online application form and upload online only. The last date for uploading the application online is 5:00 PM of 30.10.2013.
- The Entrance Test is scheduled to be held on 15.12.2013 at various centers, which will be intimated and hosted on the website after the last date. For further details (inculding the syllabus for the entrance test) the candidates are advised to visit http://rc.uni-mysore.ac.in
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Candidates who have secured atleast 55% of aggregate marks(50% for SC/ST/Cat-1 candidates) or equivalent grade under grading system, in their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from the recognised Universities/Institutions.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for the Ph.D entrance test.
- The candidates have to satisfy other eligibility conditions as stipulated in the regulations.
- The Following candidates are exempted from the entrance test and they can apply for Provisional Registration by consulting a guide in the subject of their interest.
- The candidates who have UGC/CSIR JRF fellowships through UGC/CSIR NET Examinations.
- Candidates who have completed M.Phil course are also exempted from the entrence test, provided the M.Phil course was through an Entrance Examination.
- Foreign Nationals with Indian/Foreign Degrees.
Syllabus and question paper for Ph.D. Entrance Test:
- Syllabus : Syllabus for the entrance test will be subject-wise (Details of the syllabus notified on the website).
- Question Paper Pattern:
- For the test there will be only one question paper carrying 100 marks of 3 hours duration.
- The question paper will be in two parts - Part A and Part B. Under Part-A, there will be 50 objective type questions of one mark each, and under part-B, 10 essay type/short Answer questions of 10 marks each.
- The candidates would be required to answer all the questions of Part-A and any five Questions from Part-B.
Procedure to Apply:
- See the website- http://rc.uni-mysore.ac.in
- The candidates should remit an application fee of Rs 2000/-(Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/Cat-I candidates) The Bank challan can be downloaded from the website
General Instructions :
- The hard copy of the applications along with necessary certificates and original Bank Challan (A Zerox copy of the challan may be retained by the candidate) and other documents should reach the Co-ordinator, Research Division, University of Mysore, Pareeksha Bhavan (Behind Crawford Hall), Mysore -05, before 30.10.2013
- Foreign Nationals with Indian/Foreign Degrees have to contact the Director, International Center, University college of Fine Arts Premises, Manasagangotri, Mysore-06, and submit the Application for admission to Ph.D Degree. These candidates are expected to follow the overseas student’s admission norms (for example – Equivalence certificates, award of scholarships from host country and such other agency etc.) in addition to the norms of Ph.D Regulations of the University of Mysore.
- Any correspondance with regard to Ph. D Registration/Entrance Test for Ph.D registration be addressed to the Co-ordinator, Research Division, University of Mysore, Pareeksha Bhavan (Behind Crawford Hall), Mysore -05.
Please note that candidates/research Supervisors are required to adhere strictly to the regulations. Contact No : 0821-2419447, 2419410, 2419615
Deadline : 30.10.13