PhD candidates required for Assoc Technical Sales Specialist post at Life Technology
Life Technology is a global life sciences company that believes in the power of science to transform lives. To support scientists worldwide, we offer high-quality, innovative solutions—from everyday essentials to instruments—for every lab, every application. All from the most cited life science brands.
Post : Assoc Technical Sales Spec
Job Description :
- Help increase product sales in assigned territory by supporting product sales and marketing efforts and be responsible to achieve targeted revenue at a designated region
- Serve as Tier II or Application Technical Support for the products sales team.
- Travel onsite to visit customers and potential customers, supporting the sales process by helping to establish our scientific credibility to the market, and building stronger relationships with key scientists .
- Perform product demonstrations / promotions and do presentations onsite with customers on new /existing products.
- Lead product enhancements for customers.
- Support efforts to gain industry acceptance of our protocols and methods.
- In additional to sales and technical support duties this person may also occasionally be called on to lead various projects, such as product development to continue the evolution and innovation of our products, protocol creation, training programs, and customer education materials. As well as scientific publication efforts, product data QC, and working with scientific personnel within the organization.
- Assist with conferences and sales trainings in the assigned region
- Attend numerous regional scientific meetings, on an annual basis, to network with our customer base, generate customer opportunities, gather competitive intelligence, and report on buying and scientific trends in the marketplace.
- Maintain detailed performance metrics.
- Expected to travel up to 50 percent of the time on a monthly basis or more, with anticipated travel throughout the designated region and an occasional trip to North America for training purposes.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Master’s degree with atleast 2-3 years experience in DNA sequencing/Next Gen Sequencing is desirable, fresh PhD’s with DNA sequencing experience can also apply
- Unquestionable customer service skills with an inclination to being sales oriented, meticulousness, and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact.
- Excellent business English with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely.
- Ability to balance several priorities simultaneously
- Strong organization skills and a detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect scientific information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to identify client scientific requirements as defined in the request for proposal and develop a written response that meets or exceeds those requirements
- Must be entrepreneurial and possess creative thinking, teamwork, attention to detail, initiative and undying commitment to evolving our team vision and overall business processes