Scientific Officer Post vacant at ICRISAT, Patancheru | M.Sc/M.Tech BioSciences can apply
ICRISAT invites applications from Indian nationalsfor the post of Scientific Officer to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Extraction of DNA from rhizosphere soils and quantification of ammonium oxidizing bacteria and ammonium oxidizing archea bacteria population with various molecular tools including RT-qPCR
- Analysis of experimental data, data management, and preparing draft reports.
- Post Graduate from a reputed university in Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology with a minimum of one year of experience in molecular biology/ biotechnology at a reputed research institute/university/private sector company, with good aptitude for lab and field work.
- Good experience in RT-qPCR, primer designing, gel purification of amplicon, cloning and analysis and manipulation of DNA sequences
- Statistical skills and communication skills in English (both written and oral)
General: The position is initially for one year and can be renewed further based on the performance of the candidate and funding availability. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size Photograph, names and addresses (including e-mail) of three referees, date of availability, and a statement of the special qualifications for the position. Applicants from the national institutions and Universities should submit their applications through proper channel.
Please send applications stating the job title clearly, by E-mail (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, India on or before 13 August 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer, and is especially interested in increasing participation of women on its staff.